Tonsils are one of the parts of the body’s defense mechanism with gall bladder and appendicitis. In our how tonsillolith forms, what are the symptoms article we have provided information about this topic. There are gaps called crypts on the tonsils, the tonsillolith occur with the accumulation of deal cells and food in these gaps.
Everyone has different tonsils. Some people have deeper crypts in their tonsils and this case may predispose to the formation of tonsillolith.
People who have nasal discharge, sleeping mouth open, experiencing chronic tonsil infections and sinusitis patients encounter with tonsillolith more frequently.
Why tonsillolith forms?
- Infections in tonsils
- Crystallization various minerals such as calcium, magnesium in the crypts
- Microbes and bacteria accumulated tonsil channels
- Untreated decayed tooth can also trigger the formation of tonsillolith
These are the symptoms of tonsillolith;
Typically tonsillolith can be seen on tonsils in white, yellow and gray colors. In some cases these tonsillolith may stay hidden in tonsils and can not be noticed.
- Throat ache or tenderness in the throat
- Redness of the tonsils
- White or yellow spots on the tonsils
- Hoarseness or loss of voice
- Loss of appetite
- Ear ache
- Difficulty in swallowing or breathing through the mouth
- Swollen glands in the neck or jaw area
- Bad breathe
How to prevent tonsillolith?
- Do not forget to brush your teeth and tongue after 5 minute from your meals
- Perform mouthwash from time to time with oxygenated water that you dilute with water
- Drinking 2 – 2.5 liters of water daily will clean the food pieces around the throat and prevent the formation of tonsillolith
- Keep away from excessive consume of mil and diary
- Alcohol cause dry mouth due to its diuretic property, remove the alcohol from your life